University of Saskatchewan Engineering Students' Fund
Download application forms, meet the current council, and learn more about the USESF's budget and operations.
USESF currently oversees the following funds:
- University of Saskatchewan Engineering Students' Fund
- Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan
- Stan Nakrayko Engineering Extracurricular Student Group Project Support
- Engineering Undergraduate Experiential Learning
USESF Round 2 Applications are OPEN
USESF Available Funds
APEGS Available Funds
3) Create a budget.
5) If your funding is confirmed, move to Phase Two.
February 22, 2023
For the USESF Council
Organization, appointing members, and codes of conduct:
Assessment criteria, eligibility, and reimbursement procedures:
For Tutoring Applicants
If applying for individual academic tutoring reimbursement, fill out this form as your 'budget.'
Current USESF Council
|SESS President||Kasey Burgessfirstname.lastname@example.org||Chair|
|Executive Assistant to the Dean||Hilary Balaberdaemail@example.com||Secretary|
|Design Team Leader||Dylan Baumanfirstname.lastname@example.org||Member||USBT|
|Design Team Leader||Arliss Sidloskiemail@example.com||Member||USST|
|Design Team Leader||David Baik||Member||HFR|
|Discipline Society/Professional Association Leader||Shanleigh McKeownfirstname.lastname@example.org||Member||EnvESS|
|Discipline Society/Professional Association Leader||Nolan Wiensemail@example.com||Member||MESA|
|Discipline Society/Professional Association Leader||Alex Bechtoldfirstname.lastname@example.org||Member||IEEE|
|Discipline Society/Professional Association Leader||Taylor Vothemail@example.com||Member||ChESS|
|SESS Executive Representative||Jesse Aguirrefirstname.lastname@example.org||Member||SESS|
|Undergraduate Student Representative||Kenneth Rohatensky||Member|
|Undergraduate Student Representative||Jack Grad||Member|
USESF Council Minutes
To uphold the USESF's core value of transparency, the minutes for every USESF Council meeting will be published and archived for all students' viewing.
The Benefits of the USESF
The USESF strengthens student groups.
More funds available means that student groups and discipline societies can broaden their goals, achieve larger things, and become even more competitive.
- Better materials, technology, and investment for project builds
- Reimbursment travel to competitions, events, and conferences
- Larger budget for hosting events (fancier venues, inviting special guests, etc.)
- Starting new student groups and societies
The USESF supports individuals.
However, you don't need to be involved in extracurriculars or student leadership to benefit from the fund. The USESF is accessible and unbiased towards individual applications, and so any student can utilize it.
- Free/affordable tutoring and academic aid
- Reimbursement for travel costs to engineering conferences and delegate fees
- Valuable professional networking opportunities
- Anything else that would support you in your academic and professional development as a uSask engineer
The USESF can change our college.
As the interest begins to build, future engineering students could use the USESF to:
- Refurbish student lounges, computer labs, the library, and the general college
- Hire more academic advisors, mental health staff, professors, and support staff
- Strengthen the reputation of uSask engineering
Check out the FAQ!
If you still have questions after skimming through, we'll be glad to help you out.