USESF Phase Two - Funding Confirmed
Congratulations! If you've been approved by the USESF Council for your funding, then that means you can move in to "Phase Two" to ensure that you (and your group, if applicable) receive your reimbursement.
Since the USESF offers funding on a reimbursement basis, you will need to prove to the council that you followed your budget—to the best of your abilities, of course. This will be done in a small report format, which is described in the next section.
It's important to note that the USESF will only cover up to 75% of the proposed budget that you submitted with your application, as you likely know from the USESF Guidelines and Procedures.
In the case of any discrepancies between the directions on this website and the directions declared by the USESF Student Council to applicants (usually via email), please follow the steps outlined by the USESF Student Council.
What to do now:
Monitor your email
With your acceptance email, the USESF Student Council will likely release instructions about what to include in your final report. This may include the format of the report, summaries and reflections to write, and methods to submit receipts.
Use the USESF Student Council's instructions provided in official emails or statements over this website's instructions in the case of any discrepancies.
Track your expenses
As a general rule:
- Do not submit receipts or costs that are compensated by external funds or organizations.
- Note that no personal expenses, personal travelling expenses, or personal entertainment expenses will be reimbursed by the USESF.
If all costs associated with your application have been made, then submit your receipts (photocopies are acceptable) and your budget (updated to reflect true costs, if necessary) with your final report.
If there are costs associated with your application that are yet to be spend in the fiscal year:
- Keep track on a copy of your old budget as costs are accrued
- Keep receipts from costs associated with your reimbursement application (photocopies are acceptable).
Begin your final report
Your final report should include:
- Your budget, updated to reflect the actual costs of your event, project, or likewise;
- Receipts for all costs (photocopies are acceptable);
- A small summary of how your event succeeded in fulfilling the application's assessment criteria (see Table 1.0 in the USESF Guidelines and Procedures);
If you have questions concerning your report, don't hesitate to ask. We want you to get the reimbursement you deserve!